In the series of Autopatch, we will be explaining Sequence of activities performed by adpatch(Autopatch) in U driver in this article . U driver contains all the three portion c,d,g
These are valid for R12.2 also as adop runs adpatch command only . The only difference is that these things are done on Patch edition and patch filesystem.
=> Parse & Load the specified patch driver file
=> Check for patch integrity
=> Apply new applprod.txt if any
=> Perform version checking for the patch driver files
=> Copy driver files into installation area
=> Forecopy driver files into installation area (if any)
=> Screen out files that are not valid
=> Determine valid on-site files
=> Check if object modules exist to copy
=> Extract object modules from product libraries
=> Perform Version checking
=> Check if will copy object modules
=> Determine directories to create (if any)
=> Determine what executables to link
=> Determine forms to generate
=> Determine Oracle Report libraries to generate
=> Determine Oracle Reports to generate
=> Copy files into installation area
=> Archive object modules in the product libraries
=> Create directories
=> Relink executables
=> Perform second half of mirrored copies
=> Update Oracle Applications java Files
Explanation of C Portion steps
1)AutoPatch extracts the appropriate files.
2)AutoPatch compares the extracted object modules with their corresponding files in the patch directory. It also makes this type of comparison with files such as forms, reports, and SQL scripts
3) If a file in the patch directory is a more recent version than the product’s current file, AutoPatch backs up the product’s current file.
4) AutoPatch then replaces each product’s outdated files with newer files from the patch directory.
5) copy command in driver file – Compare version of file in patch with on-site and copy from patch directory to target subdirectory if target is older or missing
6) forcecopy command Copy object file into target subdirectory but do not check version number against existing file. The file admvcode.log records these actions.
7) The file log records these actions
8) AutoPatch loads the new object modules into the C libraries.
9) libin – Copy file into product library. The file adlibin.log records these actions.
10)libout – Extract file from product library. The file adlibout.log records these actions.
11) link – Relink executable with Oracle10 Server. The file adrelink.log records these action
12) AutoPatch backs up any files which you listed in adlinkbk.txt and which will be relinked.
13)AutoPatch relinks the products with the Oracle10 Server.
14) adrelink can fail if there is not sufficient space.
15)AutoPatch copies any specified Java, HTML, or media files to their respective destinations.
16) Applies changed Java class files and regenerates JAR files
17) Autopatch runs autoconfig also if the template files are changed
=> Run SQL and EXEC scripts
Explanation of D Driver Actions
1) Gets a list of current invalid objects in the APPS schema.
2) Determines whether the action was performed in a previous patch.
3) Runs SQL scripts and exec commands, which change Oracle Applications database objects.
4) By default, AutoPatch does this in parallel.
5) Performs Invoker Rights processing if the patch contains a package command.
6) Compiles invalid objects in the database using adutlrp
7) Gets a list of current invalid objects in the APPS schema.
=> Generate Forms library files
=> Generate Forms Menu files
=> Generate Forms executables
=> Generate Report libraries
=> Generate Reports
=> Generate Graphics libraries
=> Generate Graphics
=> Generate Messages
=> Generate Workflow resource files
=> Update Patch History database
=> Copy applprod.tmp to applprod.txt (if needed)
Explanation of G driver actions
1) genform command in driver file means Generate Oracle Forms
2) genrpll command in driver file means Generate the specified Oracle Reports PL/SQL library file
3) genrep command in driver file means Generate Oracle Reports report
4) genfpll command in driver file means Generate Oracle Forms PL/SQL library file
5) genmenu command in driver file means Generate Oracle Forms menu file
6) genmesg command in driver file means Generate new messages
7) genwfmsg command in driver file means Generate workflow msg
Please read followings links for more information