Last updated on September 15th, 2016 at 05:40 am
Here are the steps outlined to How to Clone Application Server
Given source machine is SUN1 and target machine is SUN2.
1) On the source and target ensure that the PERL5LIB variable is set.
2) $ export PERL5LIB=$ORACLE_HOME/perl/lib/5.6.1:$ORACLE_HOME/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1
3) cd $ORACLE_HOME/clone/bin
4) ./prepare_clone.pl ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME
Create tar file and copy to target system
5) Create a tar file of the Oracle Application Server Home
$ tar -cvf XPROD.tar XPROD
6) scp this tar file to the source machine and untar the file
|scp XPROD.tar SUN2:/u001/appl/oracle
Login to SUN2
tar -xvf XPROD.tar
Clone to target destination
7) set the oracle env
perl clone.pl ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/XPROD ORACLE_HOME_NAME=XPRODNEW -instance XPRPD10g -ias_admin_old_pwd XXX -ias_admin_new_pwd xyz
What is Oracle application server 10g
Oracle Application Server 10g Enterprise Edition is an application platform suite (APS) that offers a comprehensive solution for developing, integrating, and deploying all of your enterprise’s applications, portals, and Web sites. Enterprise Edition combines robust business integration, leading J2EE performance, and capabilities for enterprise portal, real-time business activity monitoring, business intelligence, identity management, and wireless deployment.
It forms part of Oracle Corporation’s Fusion Middleware technology stack. The heart of Oracle Application Server consists of Oracle HTTP Server (based on Apache HTTP Server) and OC4J (OracleAS Containers for Java EE) which deploys Java EE-based applications.