Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud is the simply using the IAAS and PAAS model with the Oracle Cloud.
You are basically transferring your very own EBS instance on Oracle cloud Infrastructure.This is different from ERP /SCM SAAS model provided by the Oracle
Here are some important Faq to clear your confusion surrounding EBS on Oracle cloud
1. What is Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud?
Answer This refers to running Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure and Platform as a Service offerings, specifically the Oracle Compute Cloud Service, the Oracle Database Cloud Service, and the Exadata Cloud Service.
2. What capabilities are currently provided?
Answer With an Oracle Compute Cloud subscription and with the tools provided in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, you can quickly provision new instances of Oracle E-Business Suite, deploy development tools on the cloud, as well as clone your existing Oracle E-Business Suite instances from on-premises to Oracle Cloud. In addition, your on-premises and cloud instances can be managed simultaneously from the Oracle Application Management Suite.
3. What are the key benefits to using Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud?
Answer Key benefits
A) support for business growth
B) greater business agility and lower costs and risks. Businesses must be agile to respond to changes such as acquisitions, globalization, divestitures, and regulatory or process changes, with the ability to adopt new technologies or applications functionality
C) IT can provision new development and test environments quickly in response to such changes while ensuring continuity of day-to-day operations.
D) Oracle’s Infrastructure as a Service is elastic and allows IT to scale up or scale out the infrastructure on demand. This elasticity and the flexibility to pay-as-you-go reduces the need for upfront capital expenditure, and decreases wait times for hardware and other resources, lessening overall project risk.
4. Is Oracle releasing Oracle E-Business Suite as a SaaS (Software as a Service) application?
Answer No. Oracle has no plans to offer Oracle E-Business Suite as a SaaS solution.
5. Does Oracle provide managed services for Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud?
Answer Yes. Oracle’s Managed Cloud Services team (OMCS) provides managed services for customers running Oracle E-Business Suite instances on Oracle Cloud or on-premises.
6. Are there additional fees for using Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle Cloud?
Answer Oracle Cloud resources and services are available for subscription by Oracle customers. Customers who already own Oracle E-Business Suite product licenses may use their Oracle Cloud subscription to provision and deploy Oracle E-Business Suite instances on the Oracle Cloud. The deployed instances may be used for development, testing, training, etc. Once a customer acquires a subscription to Oracle Cloud, no additional Oracle E-Business Suite license or usage license is required.
7. Do I need to purchase Oracle E-Business Suite product licenses in order to use E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud?
Answer Oracle customers who already own Oracle E-Business Suite licenses may use the Oracle Cloud to host instances of their applications. Oracle’s Compute Cloud uses a “Bring your Own License” model, so customers who wish to use the Oracle Compute Cloud must already own a valid license to the software deployed on virtual machines in Oracle Compute Cloud. If they wish to use Oracle database cloud service,then they need to purchase subscription for that
8. How do I deploy Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud?
Answer Once you have an Oracle Compute Cloud subscription, you can access the Oracle Cloud Marketplace and deploy ready-made machine images for provisioning, cloning, and development using the processes described in our online tutorials.
9. How do I restrict access to my Oracle E-Business Suite instances on Oracle Cloud?
Answer By default, your instance is accessible only over a secure shell using an SSH key pair that you create for authentication. Extra steps are required to configure a web URL. You can retain this URL for private use or take further steps to enable access over the public internet.
10. Can I customize and extend Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud?
Answer Yes, the same Oracle tools you use within your on-premises data center are available on the cloud in order for you to customize or extend your Oracle E-Business Suite systems.
11. How do I migrate customizations of Oracle E-Business Suite on the cloud to my on-premises production system?
Answer Oracle Application Management Suite provides the capability to migrate changes across your Oracle E-Business Suite instances.
12. Can we use our own custom data with Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud?
Answer Yes, you can clone your on-premises instances to the cloud in order to create a complete Oracle E-Business Suite development and testing environment that uses your own existing data.
13. Can we use the same certified third-party products we currently use on-premises with Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud?
Answer Yes, the entire Oracle E-Business Suite architecture is the same whether deployed on-premises or on Oracle Cloud. All third party components that comprise an Oracle E-Business Suite application instance will be deployed on the cloud. Oracle Cloud’s strategy should also allow customers to use Oracle Cloud to host instances of other applications that integrate with their Oracle E-Business Suite systems. Please refer to published capabilities and guidelines for using Oracle Cloud with your non-Oracle workloads.
14. Can I use the Database Cloud Service with Oracle E-Business Suite?
Answer Yes, and some automation exists to help you migrate your existing 12.1.3 or 12.2 instances to the cloud, with the database hosted on the Oracle Database Cloud Service and the application tier hosted on the Oracle Compute Cloud Service. Oracle E-Business Suite Development is working on automation for additional scenarios.
15. Can I use the Exadata Cloud Service with Oracle E-Business Suite?
Answer Yes, you can, and Oracle E-Business Suite Development is working on additional automation for scenarios with the database hosted on the Exadata Cloud Service and the application tier hosted on the Oracle Compute Cloud Service. To meet any immediate requirements, you may wish to engage Oracle Cloud Managed Services or an Oracle partner.
16. What tools are used for managing Oracle E-Business Suite environments on Oracle Cloud?
Answer The Oracle Application Management Suite allows you to monitor and manage Oracle Cloud and on-premises instances with a unified interface.
17. Does Oracle support deploying production instances of Oracle E-Business Suite on the Oracle Compute Cloud Service?
Answer Yes. We have Oracle E-Business Suite customers running their production instances on Oracle’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) today.
18. Does Oracle Compute Cloud Service supports Oracle RAC?
Answer It is not supported on Oracle Compute Cloud Service. You need to purchase DBCS or exadata cloud service for that
19. Can I access the database in EBS on Cloud?
Answer Yes.It is almost same as your on prim EBS with just infrastructure on Oracle cloud