We often got in the situation where we are Unable to Start Output Post Processor and workflow related Concurrent Manager . If we check the error in the concurrent manager logs we see following errors
Error in logfile :
$ cat FNDOPP10587566924.txt
Unable to initialize state monitor.
oracle.apps.fnd.cp.gsm.GenCartCommException: ORA-01403: no data found
ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_CP_GSM_IPC", line 539
ORA-06512: at line 1at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.gsm.GenCartComm.initService(GenCartComm.java:233)
- Similar errors are present in workflow concurrent manager.
- These errors generally comes if the Service Manager (FNDSM) is not up or if it is up,it is hang situation.
- This can happen in Concurrent Manager failover or failback in Parallel concurrent Processing env.
- If FNDSM is not Up, we can activate and deactivate Internal monitor, it will automatically bring up the FNDSM
- if FNDSM is hang, then kill the process using the below process
ps -ef|grep FNDSM kill -9 <pid>
we can activate and deactivate Internal monitor, it will automatically bring up the FNDSM
Why we saying here Internal monitor as it is safe to restart the process any time with out stopping any criitical buisness process
Once FNDSM is up, workflow related manager and Output post processor will come automatically. Hope this resolve the Unable to Start Output Post Processor in your environment also
We can look up at Concurrent Manager concept in below articles