It should show candidate .1) Create a new temporary diskgroup:
CREATE DISKGROUP TEST_DISK EXTERNAL REDUNDANCY DISK ”;
2) Check if the diskgroup is created and mounted:
SELECT STATE, NAME FROM V$ASM_DISKGROUP;
6) If RAC , then manually mount it on the other ASM instance(s):
ALTER DISKGROUP TEST_DISK MOUNT; SELECT STATE, NAME FROM V$ASM_DISKGROUP;
7) If the previous steps had success and the TEST diskgroup can be successfully mounted (on each ASM instance), then drop the TEST_DISK diskgroup as follow:
alter diskgroup test_disk dismount; –(from all the ASM instances, except from one).
DROP DISKGROUP TEST; –(from the ASM instance, which the diskgroup is still mounted).
8) Now again check the status of the disk
select header_status,path from v$asm_disk where path= ”;
It should show Former
9) Then the candidate disk is ready to be added to the desired diskgroup:
ALTER DISKGROUP ADD DISK ”;
10) Check the rebalance in ASM using
select * from v$asm_operation;