Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990. Like Perl, Python source code is also available under the GNU General Public License (GPL
Python History and Introduction
It was initially created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990. There are two major version in Python : Python 2 and Python 3. Both are quite diffrent. Now python is being developed Python Software Foundation
What is Python?
Python is high level programming language. The goal of the language is for emphasis on code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code.
Python is a power full language and it can do all the functions like
a) Python supports functional ,structured, programming and Object oriented methods
b) It provides rich data types and easier to read syntax than any other programming languages
c) emphasizes code readability, notably using significant whitespace.
d) Python is an interpreted language i.e. interpreter executes the code line by line at a time. This makes debugging easy and thus suitable for beginners.
e) Python has a large and broad standard library and prvides rich set of module and functions for rapid application development.
d) t can be easily integrated with languages like C, C++, JAVA etc.
e) Python a portable language. A programs developed on windows can run on Unix also
f) Python provides interfaces to all major commercial database.
Why Python is useful and so famous?
1) it runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X,Solaris,Exalogic,ibm etc.)
2) it is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache etc.)
3) it supports a wide range of databases. It can connect to oracle,mysql,sqlserver,sqllite etc
4) it is free. Download it from the official python side
5) Machine learning and AI is being used everyhwere.Python is perfect for machine learning, complex data analysis and visualization
6) Python has a lot of libraries which make writing program much much simpler
7) Programs can be developed more timely in Pythion so it Improves programmers’s Productivity
8) Python had deep focus on code readability
Some more Important terms in relation to python
1) python files have extension of .py
2) In Python, since there is no compilation step, editing, debugging and testing is fast
2) When python file is executed, it is first converted into bytecode specific to python and then byte code is executed by Python Virtual Machine to produce result
3) The PVM is the runtime engine of Python; it’s always present as part of the Python system, and is the component that truly runs your scripts. Technically, it’s just the last step of what is called the Python interpreter.
4) Python is widely used in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Generation, Neural Networks and other advanced fields of Computer Science.
How to run Python script on Windows
Run a Python script under Windows with the Command Prompt.
you must add python.exe to your PATH environmental variable
How to run Python Scripts on Linux
1)python <Script name>
2) Add the below line at the top of the script
and then give the execute permission to
5) It is similar to .net, asp , mod_perl
Udemy Courses to Learn Python effectively
Leave a Reply