Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) is a comprehensive solution that effectively manages Oracle environments. It provides the necessary tools for managing Oracle’s software stack in various aspects, including performance monitoring, configuration management, patching, provisioning, and more. In this post, we will check one important component of Oracle Enterprise Manager Agent i.e Oracle Enterprise Manager Agent
What is Oracle Enterprise Manager Agent
- The agent is installed on each remote node
- Responsible for the collection of performance data
- Supports SNMP, which provides integration with framework solutions such as HP, Tivoli, and CA
- Performs tasks sent by consoles and client applications
- Handle data collection.
- Monitors databases and other targets in the node for registered events and scheduled jobs
- Cancels jobs or events as directed by the Console or other apps.
- Agents function independently of the targets they support, the Console, management applications, and Oracle Management Servers
- The Oracle Management Agent not only reduces the complexity of managing large-scale environments but also enables automatic, proactive monitoring and event notifications for better system health and availability.
- It simplifies tasks such as discovery, service-level management, configuration tracking, and patching, thus becoming an essential asset for maintaining an efficient, high-performing Oracle environment.
How To start Oracle Management Agent
Go to the Agent Oracle home
$ emctl start agent
How to check the status of the agent
$ emctl status agent
How to upload the information of Oracle Management Agent to the Management Service
$ emctl upload
How to stop Oracle Management Agent
$ emctl stop agent
How to check the log files for Oracle Management Agent
The log files and tracing information will be written to the $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/log file.
I hope you like this content on the Oracle Enterprise Manager agent