What is Oracle Enterprise Manager Agent
- The agent is installed on each remote node
- Responsible for the collection of performance data
- Supports SNMP, which provides integration with framework solutions such as HP, Tivoli, and CA
- Performs tasks sent by consoles and client applications
- Handle data collection.
- Monitors databases and other targets in the node for registered events and scheduled jobs
- Cancels jobs or events as directed by the Console or other apps.
- Agents function independently of the targets they support, the Console, management applications, and Oracle Management Servers
How To start Oracle Management Agent
Go to the Agent Oracle home
$ emctl start agent
How to check the status of the agent
$ emctl status agent
How to upload the information of Oracle Management Agent to the Management Service
$ emctl upload
How to stop Oracle Management Agent
$ emctl stop agent
How to check the log files for Oracle Management Agent
The log files and tracing information will be written to the ORACLE_HOME/sysman/log file.
Hope you like this content on the Oracle Enterprise Manager agent