Oracle Weblogic is the leading Application server in the industry.It delivers security, performance, scalability and reliability. Its provide lot of feature to manage the demanding transaction processing system. Oracle weblogic is also used in Oracle EBS Release 12.2 , Oracle Enterprise Performance management and many other products.Oracle provides the interactive guide to go through all the administrative components ,application components ,configuration ,setup and complete oracle weblogic documentation.Oracle Weblogic Interactive guide is available for 11g and 12c. Here is the online link, download link for the interactive guide.
Oracle Weblogic 12c Interactive
Download the Oracle Weblogic 12c Interactive Guide
Key features of Weblogic 12c
- WebLogic Server is now available in two formats only i.e. zip and jar version
- WebLogic uses OPatch to apply the patches.We were using BSU with Weblogic 11g. With 12c Oracle has changed the patch application to used Opatch just like other Another Oracle products
- WebLogic 12c supports Database 12c including Application Continuity (AC) , Database Resistance Connection Pooling (DRCP), Global Data Services (GDS)
- From 12.1.2, there is only generic installer available
- Domain specific NM is created
- Dynamic clusters allow you to easily scale up the number of server instances
- The version available with 12c are 12.1.1,12.1.2,12.1.3,126.96.36.199,188.8.131.52,184.108.40.206,220.127.116.11,18.104.22.168
Oracle Weblogic 11g Interactive
Download Oracle Weblogic 11g Interactive Guide
The version available with 11g are 10.3.0, 10.3.1,10.3.2,10.3.3,10.3.4,10.3.5 and 10.3.6
Brief History of Oracle weblogic Server
- WebLogic was the original company which created J2EE application server called the WebLogic Application Server(1995 to 1998)
- In 1998, BEA Systems acquired WebLogic, Inc.
- Oracle Corporation acquired BEA Systems in 2008.
- That is the reason you still see lot of BEA name in the many configuration files
Software download for Both 11g and 12c can be found at
Oracle Weblogic Server
Oracle Weblogic Administration Tutorials
Oracle Weblogic Administration Console
Leave a Reply