We are explaining Oracle Weblogic server basics in this tutorial
What is the Oracle Weblogic server?
Oracle Weblogic Server is a Java EE application server currently developed by Oracle Corporation. Oracle acquired WebLogic Server when it purchased BEA Systems in 2008.it is the foundation of the Oracle Fusion Middleware range of products, such as Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle WebCenter, and Oracle Service Bus. The new 12c version is being fully integrated with Oracle’s Middleware products
What is a weblogic domain?
- A domain is a logically related group of weblogic that manages instances that can be configured using a single set of configuration files.
- It has one administration server and one or many managed servers. It can also of cluster of servers
What is a weblogic Administration server?
The administration server is a weblogic instance which is a central configuration controller of the domain. The administrator console is deployed over it. There is only one administration server in a domain. An administration server can manage one domain only
It uses are
1) Stop and start of managed server
2) migration of server within the domain
3) Enables you to deploy an application within the application
As such it is possible to deploy applications in the administration server but it is not recommended
What is weblogic managed server?
- Managed servers are weblogic instances apart from administrator instances that will be used for deploying applications. It is a real workhorse in the weblogic domain.
- Managed servers are independent of other manager servers unless we have clustered them together. We can have as many servers in the domain as we want
- The administration server holds the master configuration files of the domain including the configuration details of all the managed servers also. The managed server holds the local copy of its configuration. When the managed server is started, its configuration is synced with master files. Similarly, when we do any changes in master files, the administration server sends the changes to the managed server
What is a cluster of Weblogic-managed servers?
the cluster of Weblogic managed servers is a logical grouping of two or more servers to provide redundancy, scalability through parallelism, and reliability. It appears as a single instance to the client
What is node manager?
- A node manager is a utility that is used to stop, start,suspend any administration or managed weblogic instances on a physical server machine remotely
- A node manager is not tied to any domain, it can operate on any weblogic instance on the physical server
I hope you like this article on the Oracle Weblogic server
Weblogic Interview questions: Awesome Weblogic Interview questions to help you |How to access the admin console|States of the Weblogic Server|multicast and unicast
Weblogic Installation: In this article learn how to perform weblogic installation. This is a Step by step instruction guide for this task along with screenshots.
weblogic domain creation : Check out this post for step by step guide for weblogic domain creation,how to avoid giving password while starting weblogic administration server