- We use Autoconfig to manage configuration files in EBS. We generally make changes in the context file and run the autoconfig.
- Now suppose we want to know what all files will be impacted by the particular variable in the context file.
- One way would be to search the INST_TOP and other tops for it, but this will be time-consuming and error-prone.
- Oracle EBS provides a utility called AutoConfig Search Utility which can be used in this situation
- it will show all the files which will be changed as part of that context variable change
What is AutoConfig Search Utility
The AutoConfig Search Utility (formally known as the TXK Context Variable Information Utility) scans your AutoConfig infrastructure for a requested string and generates a detailed report about the relevant AutoConfig variables and their usage. The report contains the following information about relevant AutoConfig variables:
- Current value
- Default value
- Relevant AutoConfig template files
What can be searched with this Utility
You can use the utility to search for:
- A complete context variable name
- A string that contains the partial context variable name
- A string that is mentioned in the context variable definition, default value, or templates
How to use this Utility
Here is an example of running this utility
perl $FND_TOP/bin/txkrun.pl -script=GenCtxInfRep -keyword=s_load_emailcenter_servlet -outfile=/tmp/txkContext_Apps.html
One more example will be where we are just search one word of Context variable
perl $FND_TOP/bin/txkrun.pl -script=GenCtxInfRep -keyword=jdbc -outfile= txkContext_Apps.html
I hope this like this helpful article on AutoConfig Search Utility
How to run Autoconfig in parallel: Check out this post on how to run autoconfig on multiple Apps tier in Parallel to save time.
Important Changes in Autoconfig R12.2: Autoconfig on R12.2 does not manage all the configurations like R12.0 and R12.1, This post gives us an overview of that
R12.2/R12/11i Common log file locations: This post has information for logfile locations in All the EBS Versions